Start your study adventure in USA. Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program is currently open. Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program 2022-2023 is a fully funded undergraduate and masters scholarship for international students. This scholarship covers full tuition, a living allowance, travel and health insurance.
Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program is open to the students from Egypt to pursue undergraduate or masters studies at the top USA universities for academic 2021-2022. These will be granted based on character and merit as depicted through academic brilliance, entrepreneurial initiative and extracurricular activities. The scholarships include full tuition, a living allowance, travel and health insurance. Scholarship recipients will also be given the option of an internship position within the company.
Orascom Construction launched the Onsi Sawiris Program in the year 2000 to invest company resources in educational programs to improve the communities in which it operates. This program is an example in Egypt for private sector participation in educational programs on a supportable basis. The objective of which is to help the academic development and character building of young Egyptians giving them the tools to advance their careers hence helping their communities in which they live.
Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, studied or worked abroad for a significant period of time. The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted to these universities: The University of Chicago, Stanford University, Harvard University, and The University of Pennsylvania.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): Stanford University, The University of Chicago, Harvard University, The University of Pennsylvania.
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Areas:
- Political Science
- Program Period:
- Undergraduate: 4 Years
- Master: 2 Years
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship covers full tuition, a living allowance, travel and health insurance.
Eligibility Criteria for Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program
To be eligible for Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program, you must:
- Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants).
- Be planning to start their studies in the U.S.A in the year 2023.
- Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of their bachelor’s degree.
- Have not lived more than 3 years abroad.
- iBT TOEFL: 100 or above
- GPA 3.5 / 90% in Thanaweyya Amma certification (Secondary year) or equivalent certificates
- Minimum SAT I Score:
- Old SAT (before May 2016): Overall: 2100 Reading: 700 Math: 700 Writing: 700
- New SAT (after May 2016): Overall: 1450 Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 730 Math: 730
- or SAT II in 3 subjects: 600 or above.
- Have some Extracurricular Activities.
- Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will be given to non-holders of dual nationality).
- Plan on pursuing their master’s degree at one of the top universities in the United States in the field of Business Administration or Engineering.
- Have not lived more than 3 years abroad.
- Be committed to return to Egypt for two years directly after completing their bachelor’s degree.
- TOEFL: iBT = 100 or above
- GPA : 3.5 / Very Good or above (Overall grade)
- A minimum of three years working experience.
- MBA – GMAT: 650 or above (taken within 5 years)
- Extracurricular Activities Have been involved or are currently involved in extracurricular activities.
- Old GRE scores are no longer acceptable.
- New GRE scores: Minimum acceptable
- Overall: 302
- Analytical Writing: 4.5
- Fields of Study: Engineering, Business Administration, and Construction management.
- Candidates with an Egyptian Master’s degree in a technical field different from the one that they’re applying for will be considered.
- Candidates who already have one Master’s degree from a foreign university, or who have an Egyptian Master’s degree in the same field they are applying for will not be considered.
- Selection as a nominee for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program does not guarantee university acceptance. Applicants will be supported in applying for the below approved universities only. If nominated for the scholarship; the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program award will be made once university acceptance is obtained.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for a significant period of time.
- The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted to the list of endorsed universities.
How to Apply for Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program?
Please follow below steps to avail Onsi Sawiris scholarship:
For Undergraduate Scholarship:
- Create an account on Amideast website from here.
- Fill all personal data.
- Fill all your educational details.
- Answer these 2 questions on Statement of Purpose section:
- Q1: Considering personal, local, and national concerns as these relate to your future; how would you be able to achieve success on these different levels by attending the university that you wish to apply for? Write a 500-word essay to discuss. Please keep in mind that the essay is an essential part of your application.
- Q2: What are you passionate about? How have you pursued your passions throughout your life? Your essay should be 350 typed words. Please keep in mind that the essay is an essential part of your application.
- Attach these files on attachments section:
- Application form
- Copy of transcripts
- Copy of graduation certificate or Thanaweyya Amma certificate (if available)
- Copy of test scores (SAT I / or SAT II) & IBT TOEFL
- Two recommendation letters
- Submit your application.
For Masters Scholarship:
- Application form: Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Graduate application.
- Required Documents are:
- Copy of graduation certificate.
- Copy of transcripts.
- Copy of test scores (TOEFL – iBT / GRE or GMAT).
- Two recommendation letters.
- For E-mail inquiries regarding the scholarship: OSSP@amideast.org or contact AMIDEAST on 19263.